Around 60 million websites are based on WordPress CMS and all the site owners using this platform are frustrated from one thing i.e. SPAM. Just create a website, add 2-3 content and here they are. In fact, more than 90% of comments are automated so call Spam. If your website is growing, you are likely to receive thousands of spam comments on a daily basis. However there is a way to filter out them i.e Akismet. Now the problem you might be facing is deleting all those spams.
Have you ever tried this: Go to the comment section under WP admin panel. Then from the screen option select 500 comments and apply. Now select all comments and try to delete them in one go. What you get?
Yup, that’s the same problem we faced. Fortunately, there are two methods for deleting not only spam but also pending, approved and trash comments. Have a look…
1) Go to website cPanel and select phpMyAdmin under database section
2) Navigate to Database > wp_comments
3) That will display all comments and if you wish, you can delete all of them in one go.
4) Under SQL tab run the following query to perform specified action:
- DELETE from wp_comments WHERE comment_approved = ‘spam’ // Delete all Spams
- DELETE from wp_comments WHERE comment_approved = ‘trash’ // Delete all trash
- DELETE from wp_comments WHERE comment_approved = ‘0’ // Delete All pending comments
- DELETE from wp_comments WHERE comment_approved = ‘1’ // Delete all approved comments
Method 2 – Easy
The above method is little bit complicated and if you don’t know much about coding and backend, just skip method 1. There is also a plugin to accomplish this task and also you don’t have to login into the cPanel every time you wish to delete spams.
The plugin allows you to delete all spam, pending and approved comment in just a single click.
Alternate Plugin: Delete Pending Comments
We hope this helps!!