Creating and running an eCommerce site has become very easy task due to the various range of tools available in the market. On the other hand, maintaining and increasing conversation rate has become one of the toughest jobs nowadays. Seriously, what’s the benefit if you’re getting thousands of visitors but they are not ending up with buying something from your site?
Online marking is growing at a tremendous rate and if you are thinking to move a step forward in online marketing: be careful because the competition is also increasing and you have to do something new and creative to stand in online business.
We’ve gathered few worthwhile e-commerce tools for small and medium size businesses that will help you to increase your sales. So let’s start supercharging the online business…
21. Spree Commerce
Spree Commerce is a large open source project that offers ease of integration and backend customization to help you build a flexible and unique storefront.
- Modular platform allows you to easily manipulate or configure any functionality you need
- Present the product that would most appeal to each customer
- Responsive site template and subscription service
- Comprehensive API for every aspect
Clicktale helps you provide better user experience on desktops, smartphones and tablets. They provide web analytics, email marketing, A/B testing and tag management service.
- Session playback: See how individual customer interact with your website
- 7 different types of Heatmap: Tells you where your visitors are clicking and how much down they are scrolling the web pages
- Conversion Funnel: The detailed picture of conversion path
Peek is a new tool developed by User Testing platform. It provides you genuine and unbiased review of your website or app for free. Just submit the URL and you will receive a 5-6 minute video of a real person navigating your site. The team will help you to optimize the user experience, increase conversion rate and customer satisfaction.
If you are curious about which portion of your website visitors seeing the most or where they’ve clicked, Heatmap is the tool to track the same data. It displays the real time heatmap data, superimposed on webpages.
- Conversion tracking and template analysis
- Works on responsive web design and provides real time page statistics
- Track up to 1 million pageviews per month (free version)
- Landing page optimization and technical support (premium version)
17. Awesome Shop – Premium Catalog Grid
Awesome Shop is multipurpose slider plugin with amazing effects. It is only available for WordPress framework in $18.
- Animated layer and parallax effect
- Responsive layout with over 600 Google fonts
- Drag-drop slider builder, and tons of options to customize appearance
Finding suppliers is not an easy task, especially if you are at startup stage. It is really hard to compete with big retailers that already established good relationship with them. CommerceHub is a merchandising platform that connects online retailers with suppliers and big retailers who wants to channel their product to small online stores. CommerceHub takes care of purchase order, shipping branded packing slips and returns. Moreover, it allows you to access real time reporting and full analytics to improve your fulfillment performance.
osCommerce is a free tool that allows you to set up complete self-hosted eCommerce website with complete access and total control on your store data.
- More than 70,000 free add-ons are available
- Multiple language and custom currency support
- Numerous payment gateways, custom taxes and shipping modules
- SEO friendly URLs, backup option and free upgrades
14. Pure Chat
Interacting directly with your visitors is a good idea and it’s even more important if you’re in some kind of online business. It helps you to build trust and relationship. Pure Chat is a tool that lets you integrate a live chat widget on your website.
- Delight customer with instant and friendly help as they browse your site
- You will be provided with a dashboard that allows you to handle multiple chats easily
- You can answer your customer via phone or tablet using their Android and iOS app
BootCommerce is eCommerce solution based on twitter bootstrap, available in $24. It is packed with control panel to manage products, orders, clients and other system option. This tool is not recommended if you don’t know much about PHP and SQL database.
- Infinite categories and subcategories
- Additional product tag and catalog filter
- Advanced search option for each table
- Slideshow and product duplication manager
12. Survey Monkey
Survey Monkey is a popular and the best tool to get the appropriate answer and results for your brand. It is easy to use web based survey tool that provides real time results.
- There are 15 question types including rating scale and multiple choice
- Customize the feel and look of your survey according to your brand/website
- Reach the right and targeted audience
- You can collect response via email, Facebook, twitter or website
11. AJAX Cart for HTML websites
AJAX cart is the powerful tool that can be integrated with any HTML site, available in $22. You just need to copy the simple code created by admin panel.
- Built with Bootstrap and allows customers to login/register with Facebook
- Order management system and attractive discount coupon option
- Supports multiple currencies and 7 payment gateways + API for adding new gateways
- Email customers after purchase
- Full support and free updates
PadiTrack is a tool that helps you to efficiently track analytic data and goal of an eCommerce website. It monitors all visitor actions on sale and revenue.
- Track visitor’s engagement plus the page generating highest/lowest revenue
- Conversion funnel tracking with data segmentation option
- Integrate with Google Analytics (no need to add any tracking code)
- It generates all the report since you have installed Google Analytics
- Discover the key business insight hidden within your analytic data
- Profit and ROI eCommerce report
9. Google Analytics – Content Experiment
Content Experiment is testing all versions of single pages in terms of conversion rate and user experience. Each page is delivered to users from different URLs and then you can analyze which page performed the best. Currently, the best Content based testing tool is Google analytics where you can test up to 10 variations of landing page.
- Assign what percentage of users are included in the experiment
- Along with the web pages, you can test apps using Experiment API
- Compare how different web pages and apps performance using a random sample of your visitors
Zeuscart is the open source shopping cart software (powered by Twitter Bootstrap) that has inbuilt CMS, shopping templates, newsletter and more. It allows you to create and maintain online shopping website(s) without any programming/developer skills.
- Attribute driven product catalog and product comparison
- SEO friendly URLs and Google base integration
- Discounts, guest checkout, coupon, gift card and more
Vee24 delivers a new level of satisfying customer service. It provides the video, text, best in class voice and co browsing solution that allows online retailers to engage with their customers more efficiently.
- VeeChat: Connect with your customers via text and co browsing
- VeeAssist: Add fully interactive 2 way co browsing
- VeeKiosk: Connect with customers through in-store kioks
OpenCart is the open source shopping cart software with lots of new features, lifetime support and free software updates.
- Supports unlimited categories, products and manufacturers
- More than 20 payment gateways and over 8 shipping methods
- Product review, rating and automatic image resizer
- Supports multi-currency and multi-language
- Various free templates are available
5. Zen Cart
Zen Cart is an open source shopping cart software. It’s easy to install and you don’t need to have IT skills to create or operate your website. Moreover, there is a built-in override protection system that preserves the altered PHP code while upgrading.
- More than thousand free plugins are available
- Easy to integrate with your payment gateway
- Admin area allows you to fine tune your store quickly
WooCommerce is the popular plugin for WordPress which has enough power to turn any WordPress blog into shopping website. It allows publishers to sell stuff on their own blog. And, yes, it is available for free.
- You can sell anything on any WooCommerce compatible WordPress template
- There are options to set Payment and Shipping method
- Reporting system tracks your incoming sales, stock level and conversion rate
- Enable coupon discounts, free shipping, user or product restrictions and much more
TomatoCart is an open source shopping cart tool designed for all digital devices. It is based on codeigniter and provides easy to use GUI.
- RIA based admin panel and powerful content management system
- Numerous checkout, payment and shipping methods
- Online translator tool and SEO friendly design
- Integrated promotional tool and email system
2. Lucky Orange
- Visitor polls: question with up to 4 responses and comments
- Live chat software that stays on the webpage
- Real time analytics and live visitor map
- Abandonment, Conversion and Engagement Rate
- Scroll depth, mouse movement and click heatmap
- Track visitor’s browsing session and track referrer data
PrestaShop is an open source shopping cart tool equipped with all modern features you need. It is fast, flexible and easy to use.
- Easy and advanced catalog plus site management
- Numerous options to display your product in unique ways
- Powerful navigation, zoom-in, instant search Grid and list options
- Thousands of themes are available
- Various checkout, payment and shipping method
- Integrated analytic and reporting system