If you ask any blogger or SEO expert that how to get on top of search engine, they all will give you a common answer i.e. Create High Quality Content. I know you have heard this zillion times and this cheesy line doesn’t help a bit understanding the whole concept, especially if your website is penalized by Panda.
All search engines out there including Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask are hungry for unique contents. You can use your content as bait. But be sure, the stuff you are providing is tasty. Otherwise, they are not gonna eat 🙂
Now, the question is how you can cook a tasty food, I mean how to produce an amazing content?
The answer is, once you get to know what count as high quality content you can create the same.
So, here is the list that will help you to understand the concept of quality content as well as to improve your organic traffic.
1. Depth of the content
How much information you can provide to readers? Try to satisfy them as far as possible, in other words, give them all in a single page they are looking for.
2. Information present on page
Is the data provided by you accurate and up to date? An outdated and wrong piece of information can affect your site trust factor in a negative manner. It will be great if you compare your work with other popular websites.
3. Relevancy of the content
Do not put the points that are off the topic. I have seen many bloggers who write unnecessary paragraphs just to increase the content length.
For example, if you are article title is how to purchase product on Amazon, just write the steps. Don’t include additional stuff like what is amazon, how big it is blah blah… Although you can give relative information like how to use coupon for discount, payment mode etc.
4. Unique value
Your page must have an X factor that makes it different from others. The X factor may include compelling images, graph, charts or infographics with additional and useful information that you know.
For example, if you want to write about phone functionality, you can do well if you actually used the phone. Also, you can rate battery, processor, graphic, etc. and display it as infograph.
Distraction could be anything; high amount of ads on page, too much ads above the fold, flashy banner, spammy links at the end of the content. These things dilute the value of page content.
6. Duplicate content + Rehashing of content
You will not get any benefit if your page is just a copy of another page. Rehashing of content means gathering stuff from a page and writing it again in your own language. If you are doing this, stop right now, believe me, this method will not produce any fruitful result in future.
The perfect content is likely written by an experienced author. The author, reader can trust. Let’s say if I give you an advice on how to stay fit, which one you will follow, mine or health.com?
8. Spelling or grammar mistake
Do check your content before publishing. A perfect article doesn’t contain any spelling, text styling or grammar error.
9. Broke the content into pieces
A good article is always short descriptive and easy to read. In fact, Google gives more priority to bullet or numbered list as compared to lengthy paragraphs.
10. Dwell time
If the content is great, user will spend more time on your page. Recording dwell time is the best way to know the quality of each page. Moreover, if the users are bouncing to another site within 20 seconds, then you definitively have to improve the content.
- High quality means lengthy content.
- Content with images perform well in search engine rather than pages without image.
- Stuffing the whole title (with same keyword order) in images and paragraph can improve SERPs
Few things to ask yourself before publishing
- Is this the best data on internet?
- Are you really satisfied with your work?
- Is the content providing the answer, users looking for?
- Would you like to share the page with your family/friends? Are they gonna share this page again?
- If you are the reader, would you like to get back to this page?
- Write for your reader not for search algorithms
- Know your audience, what they are looking for and at what topic they are really interested.
- Do enough research before writing. Spend at least 4 hours on single post.
- Always choose quality over quantity.
- Do not create a website primarily for advertising networks.
- If you are taking article from various sources, try to identify what hasn’t been said.
- Write in regular language, no need to add heavy/complex words.
- Be polite, even if someone abuses you in comment. Remember Hater makes us famous!!
- Update regularly in order to keep your website status active. (How often you should Update Blog post?)
Also read: 20 Methods to get Penalized by Google
Just follow the above guideline; believe me, you will see increase in traffic within 2 months 🙂 Drop a comment you have if any query. We would love to help you!!