We are getting many questions by email and the majority of senders are desperate to know how to earn money online especially through AdSense. No doubt, AdSense is the most popular and best way to earn money online.
How to use this program efficiently?
What you need?
How much you can earn?
Can you make living out of Google AdSense program?
I will answer all of that based on my own experience. Here is the complete guide on how to start making money with Google AdSense…
What is Google AdSense?
This is just for newbies who doesn’t know much about earning online.
- It’s a simple and free way for all publisher/website owners to earn money online
- Owned by Google, started on June 2003
- Google earns around 28% of its total revenue from AdSense
- The program is for all i.e. for small publisher with low website traffic as well as for big publisher with millions of visitors.
- Currently, AdSense is the most reliable and highest paying ad network for small and medium publishers.
- Along with content websites it is also available for mobile, games and search products.
How it Works?
- Register for Google AdSense. It’s not very hard to get approved if your website contains original and high quality content written by you.
- Display Google ads on your website. They provide tons of different types of ads. You can customize the size and look according to your website.
- If visitors click on these ads, you get paid. However, they have a minimum threshold of 100 USD i.e. you get paid (through Check/EFT) monthly if your earning crosses 100 USD.
How Google Pay their publishers?
- All publishers (except premium) receive 68% of the total advertising cost. For example, if you see total earning $68 on your AdSense account that means $32 has already been deducted from your earning.
- The cost per click (CPC) is based on ads and visitor’s location. For example, generally you get an average CPC of $0.5 to $1 from USA or Canada whereas CPC is very low ($o.o2-$o.1) for developing countries such as India, China.
- Ads shown on your website are based on content and visitor’s browser history/cache. You don’t have to worry much about ad selection because Google will automatically show best performing ads.
What you Need to earn from AdSense?
- First of all you need a website. Prefer .com extension
- The second thing is a huge amount of traffic. More Traffic = More clicks = More earning
- To get traffic you have to publish fresh and logical content which is useful for others.
Read more: How to increase website traffic
- You need to write compelling articles and target high CPC keyword in order to increase your earning.
Read more: Target high CPC keyword using Google Adwords Keyword Tool
- Remember: For long term earning don’t just design a website for AdSense, make it for a purpose and for your visitors.
How long does it take to get your first payment?
- The payment is made monthly. If total earning crosses $100 threshold, you get paid at the last week of the month.
- You can choose between two payment modes i.e. Check and Electronic Fund Transfer. Check takes around a week or more to reach you whereas in EFT money is transferred directly to your bank account within a day.
How much you can earn?
- Now that’s the main question. As I said cost per click depends on your content and types of ads. However, CPC can be low as 0.10 and high as $20. The more traffic you get, the more you earn.
Read more: High Paying Keywords of Google AdSense
- There are tons of websites earning in four figures monthly. Also tons of websites have revenue more than $10000 and a few websites generating more than $50,000 per month through AdSense. I’m not talking about a few popular sites like Mashable as they are earning in millions per year.
- So, it is up to you how you display contents, ads and how you make efficient use of SEO strategy to get traffic from search engines. You can earn anywhere from $100 to 10,000 per month.
- For example, if you are getting 50,000 views/month, you can make $500-$1000/month. Similarly 500,000 views can generate up to 10,000 per month.
- If you have a premium AdSense account, you can negotiate the percentage of advertising revenue you are getting i.e. you can directly tell Google to pay you 85% of total revenue. But for that, you should have a huge amount of traffic (in millions). Premium publishers can easily generate around $20k-50k per month. At that time you will have a lot of direct advertising options which will pay you more than AdSense.
Examples of website making money with AdSense
Let me tell you a few similarities in these two websites:
- They have original and well written contents
- Both are ranked well getting enough amount of traffic from search engines
- They are not violating any Google webmaster and AdSense policy.
- Also, you can see they have decent content to ad ratio, plus they are not annoying and forcing viewers to click on ads.
Read more on: 10 highest AdSense Earner in the world
Until now, there is nothing like Google AdSense in term of ad quality and cost per click rate for medium publishers. Along with growing your own business, you can make a lot of money using this program. But do remember, making a website with 20 to 30 content is not going to produce any fruitful results. If you want to play big in online business, you have to work hard.